The only system that allows you to recycle up to 99% of steel powder and reduce tooling time by 88%.
Today I am going to talk about a system, patented by 3D4STEEL, which will make you save up to 99% of non-sintered steel powders.
Think about it carefully…
You have a standard 3D printer which uses SLM technology, that is a system of direct fusion of powders by laser beam, and you need to produce a steel component with an additive system.
Let’s go on a journey inside a 3D printer.
Fasten on your seat belt and make yourself comfortable.
During the printing process the laser beams in on the powder like the laser you used as a child, targeting the eyes of your friends.
The steel particles bounce onto the sides of the printer plate:
What happens to that powder?
It’s thrown away!
And what about the powder which stays on the plate but which has not been touched by the laser?
In standard printers, without an internal recycling system, the re-usable powder is manually replaced in the tank ready for the next printing.
So the powder, the quantity of pure powder you put in the tank divides into three types:
- Pure powder: the White Powder is the quantity of powder untouched by the laser and which can be reused. This powder falls to the sides of the plate and must be returned to the tank;
- Solidified powder: this is the powder which has been fused by laser and which will make up your future component;
- Waste powder: Black Powder. This is the powder that has been hit by the laser but has not been solidified. It is no longer pure: throw it away!
There is one step in this whole process which I do not like.
Why does my operator have to break his back to refill the tank with pure powder?
Apart from the effort, returning the pure powder to the tank takes up a lot of precious time.
Since I am concerned about the health of my team of specialized technicians, I had to find another strategy which I have patented and which no other 3D printer in the world has.
Before giving you an alternative and slapping you on the back saying “don’t worry everything will be all right. There is a solution!”
You must be aware of what happens if your 3D printer does not have an internal system for the retrieval of powders.
The 2 disasters which will come down on you like the Plagues of Egypt, if you do not choose a 3D printer with an incorporated powder retrieval system.
1 – Tooling time will slow down your production like an old man with only one leg!
After having printed with your new 3D standard printer with SML technololgy, you are happy because you finally holding the component you needed.
Before closing up shop and celebrating, you have to clean the 3D printer and refill the tank with White Powder.
You are probably thinking: “But I have my operatore of all work who retrieves the pure powder and manually refills the tank! I don’t have to do it!”
Of course not, but have you ever asked your operator what his back feels like after doing this work?
According to article 168, clause 3, an operator must not manually lift:
- 25kg for a man between the ages of 18 and 45;
- 20 kg for a man below the age of 18 or above the age of 45;
- 20kg for a woman between the ages of 18 and 45;
- 15 kg for a woman below the age of 18 or above the age of 45;
I’ll spare you the rest of the law, by saying:
avoid making your operators lift weights: they are not in a gym!
Above all, how much time is lost by manually refilling the tank?
And here we come to the Plague of Egypt which will come down on your company if you use a 3D printer which has no system for the retrieval of powders.
Imagine how much time you would save if you had a recycling system already incorporated in your 3D printer, which, automatically, takes the heavy load of residual powder and throws it back into the tank… without breaking the backs of your operators.
I will tell you, you would save 88% of tooling time compared to the average time of your competitors.
I will talk about this magic system shortly:
2 – Your operators risk dying of lung cancer
The most important reason for which not having an incorporated powder retrieval system in your 3D printer could be fatal, is the low safety level which you guarantee for your operators.
Metal powders can cause cancer of the lungs. These are the words of the Bioengineer Antonietta M. Gatti, who has written an article on the subject in the newspaper’ Fatto Quotidiano’.
The breathing problems linked to exposure to powders in general was already well-known in the 1800s from observations of miners and workers in the coal industries.
The level of danger of any powder depends on the quantity inhaled and the exposure time: the bigger the quantity of harmful powder inhaled the more our health is at risk.
Since I, Ivano Corsini, am an Expert in 3D steel powders, I will speak in particular about this powder, not because it is more dangerous than others but because this is the material I know like the back of my hand and I can pass on my experience.
I will put on a doctor’s white coat and explain the danger that your operators face, each day, by being exposed to these dangerous fine dust particles.
When you operator manually refills the tank with the residual powder he comes into contact with fine dust particles.
This is because your standard 3D printer does not have an intelligent powder recycling system installed. (a serious shortcoming)
A diver’s mask is not enough to protect him from this almost invisible micro enemy.
Steel powder is a metallic substance made up of iron, chrome and other components in minor quantity.
Let’s start from the least harmful: iron
The good news is that no death has ever been registered caused by inhaling this type of powder.
Continual inhaling however, as happens with your operators who manually refill the tank of your standard 3D printer, can lead to serious breathing problems, to conjunctivitis and mucosal irritations.
In medicine we talk about benign pneumoconiosis because it is true that iron does not cause death, it does, however, compromise workers’ health.
Chrome: the silent killer
Chrome is not necessarily a dangerous or polluting substance, it depends on the type of chrome we come into contact with.
This substance is found in the environment in three stable forms: metallic, trivalent Cr(III) and hexavalent Cr(VI).
While trivalent is an essential oligonutrient which serves to correctly metabolizes sugar in the human organism, hexavalent is a silent killer against which you must protect your operators.
Hexavalent chrome is a highly toxic substance which, on the basis of experimental and epidemiological evidence, has been classified by IARC as cancerous for man.
These are the effects on health:
- Cancer of the lungs:
- Allergic and contact dermatitis;
- Skin ulcers;
- Fertility and reproductive disorders;
- Bronchitis, pharyngitis, chronic rhinitis;
And this is a realistic picture, I am not exaggerating like Doctor House.
According to the new European directive 2017/2398, which will come into force by 17th January, 2020, the limit value of professional exposure to hexavalent chrome must be equal to 0,005 mg/m3.
For what concerns cells, the steel dust particles contaminate the cells modifying the DNA and causing the development of cancer.
This killer does not strike from day to night: it can take years and years to feel the effects of steel powders.
You must quickly find a way to protect your operators against metal powders and avoid these mistakes, which seem irrelevant technical details, but which in reality make the difference between an efficient use of the 3D printer and a beginner’s use with low results.
Here for you, ready on the printer plate, is a solution which will allow you to:
- Not waste powder, money and time: at last you can speed up production and have money in your pocket sooner;
- Save your operators’ lives allowing them to work in a happier mood, to work better and to produce more, making your company prosper;
- Avoid having to manually refill the tank of your metal powder 3D printer, every time you use it, saving tooling time. This time can be used to start a new printing cycle and have other components ready.
The only 3D printer with a patented automatic recycling system which allows you to reclaim up to 99% of powders.
3D4STEEL is the only specialized 3D printer for steel which has a patented automatic powder retrieval system incorporated inside the printer.
Let’s see how it works:
- You want to print a new component in steel. The powder is automatically inserted into the tank. In this phase there is a first sieve (like the ones used to dry mushrooms) which eliminates impurities.
- The dust falls onto the printer plate, ready to be fused by a laser beam.
- The laser hits the powder, which in part solidifies and forms the component.
- The stream of nitrogen induces the black powder go away, while the White powder remains around the component which is being printed.
- Another sieve filters the White Powder taking away any waste powder.
- Automatically the system retrieves only the good powder and puts it back into the tank. Your operator won’t have to do anything and will save himself from back strain and inhaling large quantities of fine dust particles.
On the market there are currently no other solutions other than buying a 3D printer for steel which already has an internal recycling system for powders.
This innovative system is a result of a real need which I have felt using my 3D printer.
I am concerned about the health of my operators and I don’t want to risk them becoming ill.
For this reason I decided that my 3D4STEEL printer must have this ingenious solution incorporated, a solution which no other 3D standard printer can offer.
This powder system of retrieval of unused powders has been patented by 3D4STEEL:
- It automatically filters the waste powders, without having to worry about doing it manually; working will become simpler and less arduous.
- It eliminates residues and imperfections so that you are sure that your printed components will be non contaminated and of the highest quality.
- It recycles the very expensive powder by up to 99%;
- It eliminates physical effort for your operators who no longer will have to manually refill the tank. You will therefore avoid costly accidents in the factory, which harmful for your reputation;
- Your operator is less exposed to fine dust particles allowing him to work in a more relaxed way, and his efficiency will make your company grow;
- Tooling time is reduced by 88%. You will speed up your production at last and earn more quickly.
Perhaps at this point you are a bit skeptical and you have some questions going through your mind;
I can understand that since no salesman of 3D printers would give you the answers you are looking for. That is why I am not just selling the only specialized 3D printer for steel with an incorporated powder recycling system, but I have created a unique system to dissipate the doubts which torment you.
Doubts like: “but is it really true that having a 3D printer for steel reduces tooling time by 88%? How can I believe this?”
In fact you must not believe me or any other salesman of standard 3d printers if you have not received, beforehand, the complete documentation of costs, production time of the component you want to print in 3D.
No other salesman of 3D printers will give you the chance to have real data before buying your printer.
You cannot buy sight unseen, because you cannot be sure that what other salesmen promise you is true.
As you cannot be sure that my promise:
“you will optimize production times by 88% “ is true.
However, I, unlike all the other salesmen, am giving you the chance to discover it even before buying the printer.
Try for yourself what it would be like to have a 3D printer for steel even before buying it.
The system I am talking about is called 3D4YOU and it the only method in the world which allows you to have solid proof of what it would be like to have a 3D printer specialized in steel in your company, checking the production data and the running costs without having to take on any economic risk.
The path consists of 4 phases:
- The components suitable 3D printing will be targeted and analyzed;
- The CAD designs of your components will be optimized for the 3D printer;
- A financial and economic analysis will be drawn up for the specific production of the selected components;
- The components will be delivered to you with detailed documentation on costs and production times;
Having worked in this sector for four years, I have come to realize that each company which approaches 3d printing has specific needs: a salesman of 3D printers cannot ignore them.
This is why 3D4YOU is a personalized process. You will be assisted by one of our expert technicians who will answer your questions.
Unfortunately this system is such an exceptional opportunity that numbers are restricted. What does that mean?
It doesn’t mean that to have access to special service you must pass an initiation test, but you must, however, hurry up and click on the red button below and fill in the questionnaire because: I cannot satisfy everyone!
Since the course is customized and each case is dealt with professionally and in detail, I cannot take care of more than 4 companies a month, I repeat…
At the same time!
The health of your operators and your company, and the money you invest in your company’s production, are in your hands.
You can continue to ignore the consequences of continuing to buy a standard 3D printer, sight unseen, from a generalist salesman who cannot provide all the answers, or you can save yourself from the Plagues of Egypt with a click.